We provide support to inpatients of the RMH with drug and alcohol conditions.
- Provide support for inpatients of the RMH
- Manage alcohol and drug withdrawal in hospital
What we do
We provide advice to the RMH inpatient parent units on the following:
- Identifying patients at high risk of alcohol problems in the wards
- Management of alcohol withdrawal in hospital
- Management of drug withdrawal in hospital, including opioids, psychostimulants, cannabis, benzodiazepines, and other mind-altering drugs
- Advice on managing pain for patients who are opioid tolerant or resistant because of illicit drug use of opioid substitution pharmacotherapy
- Advice on post-discharge management of patients with alcohol and/or other drug use
Who can use our service
If you are an inpatient of the hospital and require drug and alcohol support you will be seen by a member from the hospital's Addiction Medicine team.
|Addiction Outreach Clinic||The RMH at cohealth Central City|
|Drug & Alcohol Liaison Clinic||The RMH Parkville|
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية