We provide advice and clinical expertise on the provision of evidence-based treatment and care to those who are living with mental illness and substance use or addiction.
- This service is part of the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) Mental Health Service and works in conjunction with the RMH Addiction Medicine Unit
- Our vision is for people who are living with mental illness and substance use or addiction to receive integrated treatment adapted to their individual needs
- Referrals can only be accepted from a person's treating team at the RMH
- We can provide joint treatment in collaboration with the person’s primary treating team
What we do
- Direct clinical services in collaboration with a person’s treating team at the RMH
- Workforce and service development via staff education and training
- Brief interventions to people on discharge from the RMH if they do not require intensive ongoing mental health support
Who we are
We are a multidisciplinary team, working in collaboration with the RMH Mental Health Service and the RMH Addiction Medicine Unit.
Who can use our service
People must be currently treated by the RMH to be eligible for this initiative.
All of our facilities are alcohol and other drug-free environments.
The use of alcohol and other drugs can have a negative effect on mental health, may prolong recovery, or interfere with prescribed medication and therapies. It can also have an impact on other people.
Internal referral only
Referrals can only be accepted from a person's treating team at the RMH.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Links & documents
Start your Telehealth video call at your appointment time by joining this waiting room.