We provide immunoglobulin replacement therapy to patients with primary and secondary immunodeficiency, as well as chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
- Home-based patient self-administered therapy
- Patients must meet one of the National Blood Authority’s Criteria for the clinical use of immunoglobulin in Australia to be approved for SCIg therapy
- Internal referrals only
What we do
Our Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin (SCIg) Therapy Service supports patients who require SCIg treatments.
This is a home-based patient self-administered therapy. Patients undergo training with a specialist nurse. SCIg therapy provides patients with treatment-lifestyle flexibility, empowering patients’ autonomy in self-management and improving their quality of life.
Patients must meet one of the following National Blood Authority’s criteria for the clinical use of immunoglobulin in Australia to be approved for SCIg therapy:
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases with antibody deficiency
- Specific antibody deficiency
- Acquired hypogammaglobulinaemia secondary to haematological malignancies, or post-haemopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)
- Secondary hypogammaglobulinaemia unrelated to haematological malignancies, or post-haemopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), (including IgG and IgA paraproteinaemic demyelinating neuropathies)
Find out more at the National Blood Authority: Access to Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin.
Eligible immunology and neurology patients
Patients can be referred by their RMH treating specialists to SCIg Program Nurse Consultant at 5 West Day Medical Centre.
Haematology referrals should be directed to SCIg Nurse at Day Therapy Unit, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Contact us to change or cancel your appointment.
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Links & documents
Level 5 West
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria