We use evidence-based practice to promote relaxation, reduce stress and relieve discomfort through music.
- Program is centred on original song writing, listening and participating in live music
- Music therapy is used for functional recovery in speech and movement
What we do
Our Music Therapy service provides group and individual music therapy sessions for people staying in hospital in the following areas:
- Clinical Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Neurology & Stroke
- Parkville Integrated Palliative Care Centre
The program is centred on original song writing, listening and participating in live music.
Current research includes the positive impact of song writing on cancer patients' mood and quality of life and the impact of singing on stroke patients speech recovery and quality of life.
In Neurology, music therapy is used for functional recovery in speech and movement.
News & events
Read about the latest offerings in music therapy news.
Depending on capacity, Music Therapy can provide sessions for patients outside our services, particularly for long-stay patients.
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Level 3 North
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria