This page is for patients and clinics currently participating in Telehealth during its first phase. Telehealth will be available to more patients later in 2017.
The RMH is committed to improving access to healthcare for our community. Online videoconferencing, known as Telehealth, is available for our rural, regional or interstate patients when clinically appropriate.
You can complete the Telehealth video conference call by yourself at your home or even your workplace. You may also choose to have a support person with you such as a carer or your local health care practitioner.
For Medicare card holders, consultations can be bulk-billed.
Start a Telehealth call
Press the button below to start a call. RMH Staff can use the staff Telehealth login.
You may be eligible if you:
- live in a rural or regional area (classification RA2 – 5) - use the Doctor Connect website to see if where you live is eligible to access RMH Telehealth services
- are a resident of an aged care facility
- attend an Aboriginal medical service
Clinic availability in 2017
The following specialty clinic areas will be offering Telehealth:
- Victorian Infectious Diseases Service
- Neurosurgery and Neuro-oncology
- Neurology and Stroke Care
Mental health Telehealth services can be accessed via the NorthWestern Mental Health website.
If you are an eligible person attending a clinic, please speak with your doctor about the option of a future Telehealth appointment.
What do I need to make a Telehealth video call?
You can check your computer, phone or tablet and its internet connection to see if you will be able to use Telehealth. For example, you need to check that your camera and speakers are working.
You will need a reasonable internet connection and one of these:
- desktop computer can be Windows PC or an Apple Mac. The Google Chrome browser is required. You will have to have a webcam (usually with a built in microphone) connected
- laptop / notebook computer with the Google Chrome browser installed. A webcam and microphone is usually built into these
- Android smartphone or tablet with Google Chrome browser installed
- iPhone or iPad with the HealthDirect app installed. Always start your video call from this page on our website, not from the app
Once you are ready, you can make a test Telehealth call by pressing the button on this page.