Get ready for your Telehealth video call appointment ahead of time.
What you need
You need an appointment. Once the booking is made, you'll be able to connect to the appointment using Telehealth video call.
If your appointment involves your GP, family or carers, you'll need to book a time with them as well.
Equipment and location
To have a Telehealth video call appointment, you need a:
- Device (desktop computer, tablet or smartphone) with a camera, speaker and microphone (built in or plugged in)
- Stable Internet connection
- Chrome, Safari, Edge or Opera browser
- Quiet location to have your appointment
You can run an automatic equipment check (precall test) on your device in the days leading up to your appointment, to make sure your device is able to run a video call.
Run an automatic equipment check.
Need more help?
If you think you need more help in preparation for your appointment, you can:
- Call the Telehealth team, or
- Schedule a guided test call at least three days before your appointment
We will guide you through the process to ensure your equipment is working correctly and you are comfortable with this technology.
If the test call works, you can get ready for your appointment.
If you have trouble with the test call, find out more about getting help with your call.
Get ready for your appointment
To get ready for your appointment:
- Make sure you have any recent medical information on hand, such as your current medications list or test results
- Make sure you are in a quiet location, free of distractions, so the clinician can hear you
- Connect to a home or work Wi-Fi network to avoid using your mobile phone data
Start your Telehealth video call
Start your Telehealth video call just before your appointment time by selecting your service from the list below. Your Telehealth service is shown on your appointment letter.
Select your service to begin
- Start your Outpatients (Specialist Clinics) video call appointment
- Start your Pre-Admission Clinic video call appointment
- Start your Allied health video call appointment
- Start your Genetics & Familial Cancer Centre (Genomics) video call appointment
You can also find links to Telehealth services on relevant Services & clinics pages.
Links & documents
There is over $6.7 million in prizes up for grabs in the RMH Foundation Home Lottery, including the $5 million grand prize in Hampton.
Buy your tickets early to be entered into bonus early bird draws.