We provide clinical assessment and management to patients referred to specialist clinics with musculoskeletal conditions.
- We provide assessment for a range of musculoskeletal problems
- We will thoroughly assess a patient's condition and arrange a management plan, in conjunction with medical specialists where required
- Referrals to orthopaedic or neurosurgery clinics may be triaged to our advanced practice physiotherapy clinics if appropriate for a patient's care
What we do
Advanced practice physiotherapists (APPs) are experienced senior physiotherapists with postgraduate qualifications.
In specialist clinics (outpatients), our APPs offer patients with musculoskeletal conditions timely access to expert assessment and management. Credentialed staff can help patients get faster access to investigations and surgical, rheumatological and physiotherapy services.
Our APPs work collaboratively with the relevant specialist teams, including orthopaedics, rheumatology and neurosurgery to provide high-quality, evidence-based patient care.
In the Emergency Department (ED), APPs independently assess and manage patients presenting to ED with musculoskeletal injuries and spinal pain, with support from other ED and specialty team members as required.
Why see an APP if you've already seen a physiotherapist?
APPs are triage clinicians and will perform a thorough assessment of the condition and implement a management plan for the patient.
They do not provide a routine physiotherapy treatment.
Our advanced practice services
Our APPs work across the following services and clinics:
- Emergency Department
- Back Assessment Clinic (BAC)
- Neurosurgery Clinic
- Orthopaedic Spine Clinic
- Rapid Access eD Back Assessment Clinic (RADBAC)
- Osteoarthritis Hip and Knee Service (OAHKS)
- Joint Replacement Service (JRS)
- Shoulder and Upper Limb Clinics
- Soft Tissue Injury Clinic
Referrals directed to orthopaedic surgery, rheumatology and neurosurgery will be triaged to the most appropriate service for their needs, which may be a surgeon, physician or advanced practice physiotherapist.
See each service page for specific referrals information:
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Contact us to change or cancel your appointment.
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For a clinic appointment
If you come for a clinic appointment, you should also bring:
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Your appointment book
- TAC or WorkCover claim number
What will happen at the clinic?
You will be asked about:
- Your problem
- Your general health including any past medical problems and surgeries
- Previous investigations and treatments (including pain relief medications) that you have tried
- Your current medications
After talking about your problem, you will then be examined. This will involve undressing parts of your body to look at and feel the affected body part.
Please wear suitable, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment.
The clinician will then discuss your problem and a management plan to help you, which may include:
- Doing more tests
- Trying other treatments
- Referral to another specialist clinic
See upcoming appointments, medications, information about your recent hospital visits, some test results, allergies and details of your existing problems and diagnoses. You may also be able to view some doctors’ notes, change or cancel appointments.
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية