We care for extremely unwell people from all parts of Victoria.
- The RMH Emergency Department provides acute care to seriously unwell patients
- We are one of two adult Major Trauma Centres in Victoria, and also the state's receiving Emergency Department for quarantinable diseases
- As well as these statewide services, we also provide emergency healthcare to our local community in Melbourne
What we do
We provide emergency care to the local community, as well as being one of two adult major trauma services in Victoria.
In addition to trauma, we treat many people with:
- Heart problems
- Brain and nerve diseases, including stroke and epilepsy
- Mental health conditions
We have a close relationship with the Royal Women’s Hospital, especially for the management of pregnant trauma patients.
The RMH has a rooftop helipad and a 26 bed co-located Short Stay Unit.
Contact the Duty Consultant
Contact the Duty Consultant to refer a patient or ask for advice.
Fax your referral letter to Emergency on (03) 9342 7166
Links & documents
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية