The Integrated Hepatitis C Service (IHCS) is a nurse practitioner led community and outreach based service offering testing and treatment of hepatitis B and C in a range of settings.
- Nurse practitioner led community and outreach based service
- Testing and treatment of hepatitis B and C
What we do
We partner with community healthcare services including primary care, community health, mental health, alcohol and other drugs (AOD), homeless person’s services and others.
|Hepatitis Clinic Level 9 North||The RMH Parkville||Medicare|
|Hepatitis Clinic||The RMH Parkville|
|Integrated Hepatitis C Service VIDS Clinic||The RMH Parkville|
We accept GP and specialist referrals:
- Use The RMH GP Referral Form or a template from your own system
- Complete and fax your referral to Specialist Clinics (Outpatients) on (03) 9342 4234
We do not accept email referrals.
What to include in your referral
As outlined by the Department of Health, referral requests should include:
- Patient demographic information
- Referrer demographic information
- Reason for referral
- Presenting problem
- Service(s) requested
- Required referral information specified by statewide or local referral criteria
- Current patient management
- Impact of the problem on the patient
- Name of the consultant and provider number (for Medicare clinics)
- Investigation reports related to the referral
Urgent and after-hours support
Referrals are triaged based on priority. In an emergency, patients can go to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
For advice, urgent referrals and out of hours support, call The RMH Switchboard on (03) 9342 7000 to page our registrar on call.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Our viral hepatitis nurse practitioner (VHNP) is an independently practicing clinician who is able to offer comprehensive care to individuals at risk of or living with viral hepatitis. The VHNP is able to request and perform pathology testing and fibrosis assessment, interpret the findings and initiate treatment or monitoring accordingly.
We provide a link to VIDS outpatient services to facilitate a rapid referral to specialists for individuals requiring more complex care including those with cirrhosis, co-infection, complex co-morbidities or significant drug interactions.
We can provide telephone consultation with GPs or community-based nurses who may require viral hepatitis clinical decision support for their patients or in-practice clinical updates education by arrangement. The VHNP is also available for mentorship of other NPs within the community to support them to incorporate viral hepatitis care into their practice.
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For a clinic appointment
If you come for a clinic appointment, you should also bring:
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Your appointment book
- TAC or WorkCover claim number
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية