We provide short-term flexible care for older people following a stay in hospital.
- We provide care and support for people who are 65 years and over, or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples who are 50 years and over
- We provide support immediately after a hospital stay (public or private hospital)
- The Aged Care Assessment Service determines a person’s eligibility for TCP
What we do
Our Transition Care Program: Bed-based service supports older patients leaving hospital who need some additional time and support before either returning home or moving into residential care.
We provide patients with a private room at Baptcare Westhaven, Footscray. The average length of stay in the program is five to six weeks.
Who can use our service
Refer to Transition Care Progam for eligibility criteria.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Links & documents
What to bring
For residential aged care
Ask your family or carers to bring:
- Activities you enjoy such as newspapers, books, crosswords and headphones
- Clothes, shoes and toiletries to be used while you are in hospital, as it is nice to have familiar items around you
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية