We provide inpatient assessment and treatment of complex medical conditions in older people.
- Provide inpatient assessment and treatment of complex medical conditions in older people
- Working towards improvement of physical, emotional and memory function
- Helping patients learn new skills, knowledge and gain confidence in managing their own health
What we do
We support patients and carers and family members to identify patients' needs and develop a treatment plan.
Patients are encouraged to be as independent as possible and are assisted in self-management.
Our Geriatric Evaluation Management team:
- Provides medical care
- Works towards improvement of patients' physical, emotional and memory function
- Helps patients learn new skills, knowledge and gain confidence in managing their own health
Older people often go to the RMH Parkville after an episode of ill-health or for surgery. Older people who need further time to recover or who are not coping at home in their current situation are transferred to the RMH Royal Park.
The healthcare team may include:
- Doctors (including specialists in caring for older patients (geriatricians)
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Social workers
- Personal Services Assistants
- Pastoral care workers
Aged Care Assessment Service
We accept GP and specialist referrals:
- Use The RMH Community Services Referral Form or a template from your own system
- Complete and fax your referral to ACAS on (03) 9388 1752
The ACAS Intake & Response Team welcomes phone enquiries. Call (03) 8387 2129 to discuss potential or existing referrals.
Referrals should include:
- Relevant clinical history
- Reason for referral
- Patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- Your details and provider number
- Investigation reports related to the referral
Referrals are triaged based on priority. In an emergency, patients can go to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
For all new appointments, contact the Direct Access Unit on (03) 8387 2333
To cancel or reschedule a booked appointment, contact the Clinical Centre on (03) 8387 2194
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For an overnight or longer stay
If you come for an overnight (or longer stay), you should also bring:
- A dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Your toiletries
- Your iPad or tablet and phone, provided you are happy to take responsibility for them
Do not bring (for overnight or longer stay)
And if you're staying overnight or longer, do not bring:
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash. Just bring a small amount for items such as newspapers, magazines or coffee
- Valuables, such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
For residential aged care
Ask your family or carers to bring:
- Activities you enjoy such as newspapers, books, crosswords and headphones
- Clothes, shoes and toiletries to be used while you are in hospital, as it is nice to have familiar items around you
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Robert Campbell Wing (Building 17)
34-54 Poplar Rd, Parkville, Victoria