We provide high quality comprehensive radiology services for inpatients and private outpatients at Melbourne Private Hospital.
- Diagnostic and interventional procedures across all major imaging techniques
- Highest quality equipment, using low radiation dose techniques
- Expert staff, focused on the care of our patients and their families
- Fully accredited service
What we do
Our Private Imaging service provides a comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic imaging service for our patients and referrers.
With a commitment to excellence in care, research and education, we provide a comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic imaging service using the most up-to-date equipment and dose-reduction strategies.
Imaging techniques include:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- DEXA Scanning
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
Find out more about the different imaging techniques and what's involved.
We accept GP and specialist referrals on any form.
Fax your referral referral to us. We need a copy of the request form before the booking is made.
We aim to accommodate all requests and prioritise bookings accordingly. Appointment letters are posted directly to the patient with an MRI Safety Questionnaire.
We accept all valid referral forms.
Appointments are made based on clinical urgency.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Reports for RMH patients are available via electronic medical records (EMR).
We provide automated electronic reports to referrers via HealthLink and email.
For External Referrers:
For HealthLink referrers, a unique study link to PACS via Zed Link will be embedded in your report.
For other single studies, please submit a request for a view link to Health Information Services at RMH - HIS Fax Requests
For frequent users, please organise the creation of a Zed Link account via the RMH Radiology PACS team
For Personal, Legal, Insurance or other non-medical requests for images, please submit a request to Freedom of Information at RMH - FOI Request
For RMH Staff:
To access PACS outside of the RMH network, log in using your MH login
Links & documents
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For a clinic appointment
If you come for a clinic appointment, you should also bring:
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Your appointment book
- TAC or WorkCover claim number
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Links & documents
1F Royal Parade