The Royal Melbourne Hospital’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report is our commitment to driving sustainable social change across the organisation.
- We are a values-driven organisation actively working to address inequity in health care and removing barriers to access safe, person-centred care
- The ESG Report outlines our achievements, challenges and commitment to drive positive change to the health outcomes of our community
- The report was developed in consultation with internal stakeholders across the organisation and overseen by the ESG Working Group
We commit to making business decisions that will lead to social and environmental positive change and stronger governance arrangements that are to the betterment of our people, community and stakeholders.
As a government-funded organisation, we are required to deliver a set of priorities agreed to by the RMH Board and the Minister for Health. Each year, this is reported in our Statement of Priorities in the annual report.
Our ESG Report looks at a unique set of priorities. It outlines:
- What we believe makes the RMH a great place to work and to receive care
- Areas we've identified where we can, and must, do better