The JL Frew Travelling Fellowship is a research travel grant established in memory of Sir John Frew, one of the Royal Melbourne Hospital's gifted and dedicated clinicians.
About the fellowship
This Fellowship is offered to RMH staff employed as:
- Allied Health clinicians
- Nurses, or
- Junior Medical officers
The purpose of the JL Frew Travelling Fellowship is to enable the successful applicant to gain bring initiative that have the potential to improve quality of service and patient care at the RMH.
These endeavours may be accomplished through overseas travel to:
- Attend and/or present at relevant conferences, and
- Attend relevant specialist courses or workshops that cannot be found in Australia, and/or
- Visit health services specialising in areas of health care and/or research for learning purposes, and/or
- Establish future collaborations for clinical/research learning.
We are awarding two fellowships in 2023 for travel in 2024.
- Applications open: 09:00 AEST Monday, 27 November 2023
- Closing date for submissions: 23:59 AEST Friday, 19 January 2024
- Notification of outcome: March 2024