Our grants in aid program aims to support investigators to establish research programs that ultimately improves the health and care of our patients.
Grant in aid schemes at the RMH
The objectives of research grant in aid schemes are to:
- Support investigators to establish their research programs
- Foster health and medical research for the benefit of our community
- Invest in the highest quality researchers and projects
These grants have been made available to staff through bequests and donations made to the RMH.
The RMH Victor Hurley Medical Research Grant
Grants awarded are intended to support medical clinician researchers, working at the RMH and who are in the early stages of their research careers.
Two (2) Victor Hurley Medical Research Grants will be offered in 2023 grant round. Each grant is valued at up to $25,000.
The RMH Emerging Research Leader Grant
This award will provide $25,000 over a 12-month period to support a medical clinician researcher working at the RMH to embark on, or complete, their PhD.
One (1) RMH Emerging Research Leader Grant will be offered annually.
- Applications open: 09:00 AEST Monday, 27 November 2023
- Closing date for submissions: 23:59 AEST Friday, 19 January 2024
- Applicants notified of outcome: March 2024