A trial to test the effectiveness of a novel non-invasive treatment for fatty liver disease.
About this study
Eligible participants will be taking the investigational medication for a duration of 24 weeks and will need to return to the clinic every four (4) weeks for safety assessments. Participants will receive compensation for time and travel expenses.
Anticipated enrolment close date: 30 June 2023
Contact the Clinical Trials Centre for more information.
Who can take part
To be eligible for the study, volunteers must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) but not cirrhosis
- Able to comply with study procedures
- Able to attend the clinic for study assessments every 4 weeks for the duration of the study
- Safety assessment visit every 4 weeks
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- Weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, heart rate
- Health questionnaires
- Blood samples
- Urine test
- Abdominal scan
All research in Australia involving human participants is reviewed by an independent group called a Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC). The ethical aspects of this research study have been approved by the Royal Melbourne Hospital HREC.
This study is being carried out according to the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007). This statement protects the interests of people who agree to participate in human research studies.
Level 2 South West
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria