We use an electronic medical record (EMR) to improve the way we deliver patient care.
Our EMR is shared by the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, the Royal Women’s Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital.
Your personal information is secure and is only accessed by staff involved with your care and treatment.
The EMR makes it quicker and easier for your clinicians to find the information they need to provide the best care to you and your family.
Benefits of an EMR
What it means for you
- You'll find it easier to move between hospitals within the Parkville Precinct - your information is in the system so you don’t have to repeat your story or fill out unnecessary paperwork
- You have more access to your own information - you are able to access parts of your medical record where and when you need it
- You need to wear a barcode on your wristband so your information can be checked to support safe medication administration
What it means for your care team
- Complete picture of your care and treatment across all the Parkville health services
- Access to your most up-to-date information at all times
- Equipment, such as mobile workstations, handheld devices and barcode scanners, to help them deliver and record your care
- Support to make the best clinical decision with the help of prompts, warnings, alerts and reminders in the system
- Immediate notification if you become sicker or need urgent care
Health Hub is a secure mobile and web application that connects you with your hospital information from home or on the go.
Health Hub makes it quicker and easier for you to stay across important hospital information. You can see and manage information about your care and treatment at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, the Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Royal Women’s Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital in one secure location.
Through Health Hub, you can see upcoming appointments, medications, information about your recent hospital visits, some test results, allergies and details of your existing problems and diagnoses.
You may also be able to view some doctors’ notes, change or cancel appointments and request prescription refills.
Find out more about the Health Hub portal.
Protecting your privacy
Find out more about how your private information is stored and managed in the EMR.