We aim to involve patients in decisions about their care.
While you are in hospital, you can expect:
- A nurse to check on you every hour
- Our staff to regularly discuss your care with you, your family or carers
- You, your doctor, nurse and other health professionals to make decisions together about your care
- Our team to discuss your care during ward visits, at nursing staff shift change, or when you move from one area to another
We may even ask to meet with you and your family to discuss your progress and plan your discharge. Staff will contact your family members to arrange these meetings.
Our team work in partnership with you and significant people in your life to:
- Answer any questions you might have
- Continue to provide medical care for you
- Work towards improving your physical, emotional and memory function
- Help you to learn new skills and gain confidence to manage your own health
You should always ask our staff if you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of your care including medicines, how to prevent pressure injuries and falls and even how we work to keep you safe while you are here with us.
Find out more about your rights and responsibilities.