The You Made a Difference Awards recognise individuals or teams who build our Safety Culture, show commitment to patient care and live our values in their work.
- The You Made a Difference Awards celebrate the commitment of our people to patient and consumer care and customer service
- Anyone can nominate a staff member, volunteer or team for a You Made a Difference Award
- Patients, consumers, visitors and staff are encouraged to nominate an individual or team for making a difference based on the awards criteria
- Complete our online form to nominate a staff member, volunteer or team
The awards aim to:
- Celebrate the commitment of our people to patient care and customer service
- Foster teamwork and collaboration
- Recognise and retain committed performers
- Recognise staff and volunteers for their contributions
- Enhance staff and volunteer engagement
- Build effective and rewarding work relationships
- Reinforce positive behaviours at work
Who is eligible for an award?
You may nominate:
- Full-time or part-time staff
Two individual awards will be awarded each month. One team award is available each quarter.
Annual awards will be presented at the end of the year.
What is the criteria?
Nominees will have demonstrated exceptional effort and commitment in areas such as:
- Speaking Up for Safety and our Values
- Outstanding contribution to person-centred care
- Assistance to others, including patients, visitors and staff
- Team work that benefits patients and the RMH
- Behaviours that demonstrates the RMH values
- Innovation and systemwide improvements
Who can nominate?
Anyone can nominate a staff member, volunteer or team for a You Made a Difference Award, including patients, visitors and other staff.
A multidisciplinary panel will determine the winners.
How do I nominate someone for an award?
- Complete our online form below to nominate a staff member, volunteer or team
- The nomination form will be sent to People & Culture
- A panel will determine the winner based on the listed criteria
- Winners will receive a framed certificate and a $50 gift voucher, to be presented at a morning tea with the winner, their manager and other members of the team
Thank you for your submission
Your request has been sent to our Safety Culture team. A team member will respond to you as soon as possible.