Celebrating the commitment of our people to patient care and customer service.
Anyone can nominate a staff member, volunteer or team for a You Made a Difference Award.
The You Made a Difference Awards recognise individuals or teams who build our Safety Culture by living our values in their work.
What are the aims of this award?
- Celebrate the commitment of our people to patient care and customer service
- Foster teamwork and collaboration
- Recognise and retain committed performers
- Recognise staff and volunteers for their contributions
- Enhance staff and volunteer engagement
- Build effective and rewarding work relationships
- Reinforce positive behaviours at work.
What are these awards?
Patients, visitors and staff are encouraged to nominate an individual or team for making a difference based on the criteria below.
Every month two individuals will be awarded and each quarter a team will be awarded with a You Made a Difference Award. A multidisciplinary panel will determine the winners.
Annual awards will be presented at the end of the year.
What is the criteria?
Nominees have demonstrated exceptional effort and commitment in areas such as:
Speaking Up for Safety and our Values
Outstanding contribution to person-centred care
Assistance to others including patients, visitors and staff
Team work that benefits patients and the Royal Melbourne Hospital
Behaviours that demonstrates the Royal Melbourne Hospital values
Innovation and system wide improvements
Who is eligible?
- Full-time and part-time staff and volunteers
- Individuals and teams
How do I nominate?
- Complete our online form to nominate a staff member, volunteer or team
- The nomination form will be sent to People & Culture
- A panel will determine the winner based on the criteria above
What do they win?
A framed certificate and a $50 gift voucher will be presented at a morning tea with the winner and their manager and other members of the team.