Volunteers offer a helping hand - do you want to make a difference at the Royal Melbourne Hospital?
We have almost 400 volunteers working across the Royal Melbourne Hospital Volunteer Service City, Royal Park, Residential Aged Care and NorthWestern Mental Health campuses.
RMH volunteers complement the care provided by our staff by generously giving their time to enhance the comfort and well-being of patients and their loved ones.
Our volunteers are valued members of the team who support our patients and their family and friends, often through difficult times.
People who volunteer with The RMH often also find great satisfaction in learning about themselves and about their community.
Volunteering can provide you with:
- a knowledge that each and every day you are helping people
- social interaction and friendship with other volunteers and staff
- an opportunity to learn new skills
- opportunities for personal growth and development
- an opportunity to give back to and be part of our broadly diverse community
To be eligible to volunteer with us you need to:
- Commit to a regular 4 hour shift each week for at least 12 months
- Undergo a mandatory immunisation check
- Provide two professional or academic references (not friend, family, or family doctor)
- Complete an interview and police check
- Attend the Royal Melbourne Hospital staff and volunteer orientation
- Take part in 2 - 3 days of volunteer training and induction
- Comply with yearly mandatory training
- Comply with relevant Royal Melbourne Hospital policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct
- Be committed to our organisational values of People First, Lead with Kindness and Excellence Together
- Genuinely want to help improve the experience of our patients and their loved ones
- Be keen to support people from diverse backgrounds and older people
- Be well presented
- Be kind, caring, enthusiastic, and willing
- Be between 18 and 100 years of age
How to apply
We are not currently taking applications to volunteer for the Royal Melbourne Hospital.