The Victorian Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED) is a statewide service that forms part of Victoria’s specialist public mental health services.
- CEED is a statewide program of Victoria’s specialist public mental health services managed by the RMH's Mental Health & Wellbeing Services.
- We aim to build quality and sustainable eating disorder treatment responses within the public specialist health services
- We promote excellence in treating eating disorders by focusing on evidence-based care and recovery-oriented service
The service is managed by the RMH's Mental Health and Wellbeing Services and comprises senior clinicians with extensive clinical experience in the area of eating disorders.
CEED aims to build quality and sustainable eating disorder treatment responses within the public specialist health services. CEED provides:
- Clinical consultation
- Professional development
- Resources and services
- Online resources
Throughout its work, CEED focuses on the following principles:
- Care should be based on current evidence
- Service design and workforce development should be recovery-orientated
- Families and carers are central members of any team
- A planned care team approach