Corporate and administration careers support the day-to-day operations of our services and help us to plan, monitor and evaluate our services.
Health care administration responsibilities include reception, administration and ward clerk duties such as:
- Answering telephones
- Managing diaries
- Meeting and greeting consumers
- Completing consumer admission and discharge in our patient information systems Information Patient Management (IPM) and Client Management Interface (CMI)
- Preparing clinical records for continuum of care
- Supporting meetings with taking minutes, booking rooms and managing invitations
Health information managers
Each of our areas has access to a health information management professional.
Health information managers:
- Design and manage information systems in the healthcare system
- Collect, generate and analyse records and reports about patients who are being treated by doctors and other clinicians
- Set up and monitor computer systems and databases
- Use their clinical knowledge of disease and surgical procedures, technical knowledge of computer systems and databases and their management skills to set up and monitor these systems
- Play an important role in the security and legal use of people's medical records and health information by establishing appropriate procedures for handling and protecting personal data
Evaluation and service improvement coordinators
Each of our areas has access to the expertise of an evaluation and service improvement coordinator.
These roles help to develop and implement quality and performance improvement activities for the service and monitor their ongoing effectiveness and relevance.