Public mental health services in Victoria provide acute, subacute, specialist, residential, community inpatient and support services.
Mental health services in Victoria are divided into two service delivery types:
- Clinical services focus on assessment and treatment of people with a mental illness.
- Non-clinical services services focus on supporting people with difficulties that are associated with mental illness.
Mental health services at the RMH are public clinical mental health services. Learn about our mental health services at the RMH.
Who are public clinical mental health services for?
Clinical mental health services are for people with a significant level of disturbance, psychosocial need or concern regarding a risk to themselves or others as a result of mental illness, or are at risk of developing a serious mental illness.
We accept referrals for this service
Call Triage on 1300 874 243 to discuss a new referral.
If your patient is currently seeing a clinician at one of our clinics and you would like to discuss treatment or care plans, contact the appropriate local mental health service directly and ask to speak to the key clinician, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For out of hours support, call Triage. If your patient is presenting in an emergency situation, call 000 for an immediate response.
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية