We welcome your feedback as it helps us improve our services. 

If you have any feedback about your experience or any other aspect of our service, you can contact us a number of ways. Your feedback might be a compliment, a complaint or a suggestion. Whatever it is, your feedback is important and we are listening. It’s important that you share your feedback with us as soon as you can.

Talk to us in person

  • Speak to our staff. If you are unhappy with your care whilst in the hospital, please do not hesitate to raise your concerns with the Nurse Unit Manager or another senior staff member. In most cases they will be able to help you. If you are not satisfied with the response, you can contact our Consumer Liaison team.
  • If you are worried about a loved one and feel something is not quite right, let us know through our "If you're worried, we're worried" service

Contact our Consumer Liaison team

There are a number of ways that you can contact our Consumer Liaison team:

Suggestion boxes are located:

  • City Campus - at the Main Entrance and the carpark entrance.
  • Royal Park Campus - at the Main Reception, in the Community Therapy Service and Clinical Centre waiting areas and in the Main Administration building.

If you are deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired

You can contact us using the National Relay Service

What do we do with your feedback?

Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to improve our services. No matter what your feedback is, or how you provide it, we are listening.

If you are giving a compliment, we will ensure this reaches the area you are referring to. You can also nominate a staff member, volunteer or team for a You Made a Difference Award.

If your feedback is a formal complaint made via our Consumer Liaison team, we aim to resolve most of these within 35 days. We are happy to respond to you about your issues, or you can remain anonymous. It's up to you.

Find out more about what we've done in response to your feedback.

If you are not satisfied with our response

Any problem is usually best solved within The Royal Melbourne Hospital. However, if you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint or you wish to take your concerns further, please contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC provides a free and confidential service for anyone with a complaint about a health service provider in Victoria.

Protected Disclosure Complaints about Serious Misconduct or Corruption

Complaints about certain serious misconduct or corruption involving our staff or the hospital itself can be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).

Find out more about making a protected disclosure complaint.