There has been a change to visiting hours from 25 March 2020.
As part of our response to managing the coronavirus outbreak, we have reduced our visiting hours and introduced a daily limit on visitors.
- Visitors are now limited to close family members and significant others
- Only one visitor per patient per day
- Visits will be limited to a maximum of one hour
- Visiting hours are now between 4pm and 8pm
- You must not visit if you are feeling unwell
- Please observe social distancing guidelines of 1.5 metres when visiting
We know this restriction can be challenging and we understand each family’s situation is different. For exceptional circumstances we encourage families to speak their family member's nursing team for further advice.
All visitors will be screened prior to entry at the Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus. This includes outpatients and patients arriving for surgery. Visitors will be asked a series of health questions, and receive a temperature check. This will also be rolled out over the week at other Melbourne Health sites.
Visitors and security after hours
When general visiting hours finish at 8pm, most wards will close and lock their doors to provide additional security.
Designated visitors may arrange with the Nurse in Charge to stay outside general visiting hours. The designated visitors may be asked to wear a green Visitor sticker to help staff identify them.