To keep everyone who enters our health service safe, the following visitor restrictions are in place.
Visiting hours are 10am - 1.30pm, 3.30pm - 6.00pm
- 1 person for 2 hours a day or 2 people for one hour each (but not at the same time)
- A face covering (such as a mask) is required
- Social distancing at the bedside is required
Do not visit if:
- You are unwell
- You've been in contact with a person who has COVID-19
- You have been overseas in the last 14 days
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family's situation different. For exceptional circumstances we encourage families to speak to the Nurse in Charge before arriving for further advice.
All visitors will be screened prior to entry at the Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus. This includes outpatients and patients arriving for surgery. Visitors will be asked a series of health questions, and receive a temperature check.
Visitors and security after hours
When general visiting hours finish, most wards will close and lock their doors to provide additional security.
Designated visitors may arrange with the Nurse in Charge to stay outside general visiting hours. The designated visitors may be asked to wear a green Visitor sticker to help staff identify them.